Here is your opportunity to gain hands-on guide to mastering your company’s business logic with the focus on The Decision Model. However the workshop will also show how the OMG emerging Decision Model & Notation can be integrated with The Decision Model to combine the advantages of both approaches to Decision Management.
This workshop is aimed at delegates with some rules or decision modelling experience and is intended to:
- Give delegates a view of where decision modelling fits within the enterprise, what are the ‘big picture’ benefits of decision modelling and where/how is it being used todayGive delegates an overview of TDM syntax and introduce them to a medium sized model based on a real project
- Give delegates the opportunity to change this model (as a practical exercise) in line with a new business opportunity which will be specified to them. Changes to demonstrate the agility of the model and its ability to identifylogical flaws as you capture business logic (BiZZdesign’s Architect Decision Modeler will be used to support this exercise). Delegates will work in pairs to achieve the changes guided by experts who will introduce the change specifications helping the delegates
- BiZZdesign’s Architect Decision Modeler tool will be used to support this exercise.
- Cover advanced TDM topics from which the example might benefit
- Integration of DMN concepts
- Reuse of the same rule family logic in multiple circumstances
Register now for this free TDM workshop by sending by completing the registration form below.
08:30 – 09:00 Registration and tea/coffee
09:00 – 09:10 General introduction (Suleiman Shehu)
09:10 – 09:40 An introduction to the business case for decision modelling (Suleiman Shehu)
09:40- 10:05 An introduction to the TDM model and notation refresher (Jan Purchase)
10:05 – 10:10 An explanation of the ‘change in requirements’ to be implemented by delegates (Jan Purchase)
10:10 – 10:20 Coffee Break
10:20 – 11:20 Practical session, changing the model in the light of new specifications (All)
11:20 – 11:35 Advanced techniques (Jan Purchase)
11:35 – 11:45 The future of TDM and supporting tools (Paul Bouttell and George Pang)
11:50 – 12:00 Q&A and Next steps (Suleiman Shehu)
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch/Networking
Jan Purchase, has been consulting in investment banking for over 20 years and is an industry expert in the use of decision management, business rules, business rule management systems (BRMS) and business processes. He is the founder of Lux Magi, a company specialising in mentoring the application of BRMS, The Decision Model and Business Decision Management Systems to investment banking. He hosts a blog on these subjects.
Suleiman Shehu, Founder and CEO of Azinta Systems, a Dublin based technology and consulting company, He has over 35 years in systems integration and is a thought leader in The Decision Model and the emerging DMN standard, Suleiman current focus is on combining Business Decision Management with Corporate Strategy to implement Strategic Initiatives and drive major corporate transformation projects.
TDM workshop practical information
- Date: Wednesday 25th February 2015
- Time: 8.30AM – 1:00PM to include a complimentary buffet lunch
- Pricing: Free of charge to attend
- Location: BiZZdesign UK, Portland House, Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5RS
Register now for this free TDM workshop by completing the registration form below
To register for this event please complete and submit the registration form below.
[contact-form subject=’Decision Model Workshop London Registration’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Company’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Telephone’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’City’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Country’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’I have limited TDM experience’ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’I have some TDM experience’ type=’checkbox’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]